Monday, November 8th, 1:40 PM
So today it seems like I've been using my skull to hold old rags instead of to think with. Maybe it's the gloomy rain and cloud cover, but I tried to shampoo with my shaving cream, almost put coffee instead of milk in my cereal this morning, totally missed my tram stop, and forgot to take my coat off before going into the archive. Forgot to bring my headphones too, so the silence is deafening. I doublechecked, though, and I did put on pants before I left the house. So there's that. All my muscles are pretty sore as well. Quite a weekend, but not one calculated for restful recuperation.
I went out to Frýdek-Místek to see Rachel again, which always improves a week. Highlights included delicious homemade pad thai, considerable quantities of coffee, Czech bowling, and Jazz club including a (probably unintentional) mélange of The Battle Hymn of the Republic and The Saints Go Marching In. All of the patrons joined in on the singalong for the 'Glory, Glory Hallelujah!' refrains, which was unexpected slash hilarious.
Yesterday was pretty uneventful during the day, as I was pretty beat. JoEllen and I did end up meeting up with Martin and his roommate Petr at the VŠB and going out for a few beers to the student club there. A few games of foosball and a few hours of occasionally hilarious conversation ensued. Martin is deadly at foosball, as a side note. But I didn't get to sleep until one in the morning, contributing to my current delapidated state. Oh, Mondays. Well, back to Duch Času.
No comments:
Post a Comment