I
and my domicile are in a very similar state. Worn down, slightly
empty, a fair bit of cleaning and arrangement remaining to be done.
The weekend has been less productive than I had hoped in some ways,
and slightly more so in others. I have restored the arms of the
Habsburg Emperors to their rightful place on my wall. I've acquired a
pea coat, against which the chill shall struggle in vain. My bike is
fresh and new, the shattered axle a mere figment of discarded time.
Autumn chill creeps further on a daily basis, pumpkin beverages have
become widespread, and deadlines are creating spontaneous
stress-induced deformities.
The
Fall Formal was, to my understanding, a great success, to the extent
that a complaint was levied against our merriment. The sheer quantity
of liquors consumed is, in the sharp light of the morning, near
overwhelming. The recycling bins have already been well-fed, and more
is yet to come. But I was quite impressed at the sheer style and
quality of this department's fancy duds (as well as those attendees
who were not actually historians, whom I ought not (and cannot!)
overlook). Not one, but two
tuxedos. Little black dresses. There were even, memory reliably
informs me, shawls. And a special guest appearance. The week has
peaked and it's all downhill until Thursday at 5:50 PM.
Co
on bys chtěl
řict?
No comments:
Post a Comment