Of late I have, for whatever reason, felt... stuck. Frozen. Not so much balanced at a point of potential as half-sunk in a mire on a journey more aimless than aimed. The point of mentioning it is largely to abjure and dispel - I have, in point of actual fact, made substantial progress in 2016. In my personal life, I became engaged, planned a wedding (in cooperation with others, of course), and will soon be married. At work, I have graduated from being a GRE and SAT instructor to a Master Tutor teaching SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT, PSAT, and, soon, MCAT CARS. As an admin, I've mastered all of the various systems and policies involved in customer service, processing, and operations. My freelance work continues to be both varied and well-received - a book to edit here, a translation job there, some articles to write, maybe a marketing piece or an ad. Recently my merit review came in - a ten percent raise across the board as our office's top teacher. I've joined a gym, and even gone relatively often.
Perhaps it's simply a matter of expectations. My fiction writing has been moving slowly, as has (it seems) my extracurricular skill-building. Quant analysis isn't a skill that I have previously sunk much time into, so finding my footing therein ought not be expected to be easy or instantaneous. Perhaps I should simply accept that I don't have to work all the time, and that I'm doing pretty well.
No comments:
Post a Comment