Sunday, August 22nd, 1:36 AM Prague Time
I finally made it to the dorm in Ceske Budejovice. It was quite an adventure, actually, since I missed the 8:15 train by five minutes and there wasn't another one until 10:30, so I got into Budejovice around 1 AM, to be chivvied out of the station by security closing up. Standing outside in the empty street, I had no real idea how I was going to make my way to the kolej. There was a non-stop taxi stand whose definition of non-stop clearly does not jibe with mine. It was deserted. I was standing forlornly at the tram stop, where no trams appeared to go to where I needed to be even during the daytime, when a sketchy car with a yellow thing on the top pulled up beside me and asked if I needed a taxi. Yes. Yes I did. I ended up overtipping outrageously, but I was really happy to not to have had to spend five hours in the street waiting for the city to wake up and the trams to start running. Apparently I have a roommate who hasn't shown up yet in my room, but there also seems to be at least one girl in the room next to mine, judging from the undergarments hung up to dry. There was a lamp on in the room, but I didn't want to disturb them in case they were asleep, so I didn't say hello. Hopefully the shower as I scrubbed the incredible grossness of multi-day international travel off of myself didn't wake them up? Perhaps I shall meet them tomorrow. Speaking of which, I'm scheduled to get up in six hours, so perhaps I ought go to bed. Finally, sweet sweet bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment