Monday, September 13th, 4:22 PM
The summer school has been laid to bed. After a whirlwind of Becherovka, Gambrinus, and declination, my friends are back home and I'm in Prague at the Villa Lanna. Orientation starts today, with a dinner in an hour. The schedule seems a little sparse to justify a full week, but given that my apartment isn't available until the 19th, it's probably good that I have somewhere both nice and free to stay as well as a few things to do and some people to meet. The hotel is very nice, though unexpectedly it's two to a room. Fortunately, I'm bunking with Andrew Burgard, who I'm friends with, so I don't anticipate that being a terribly big problem. I'm looking forward to getting paid, so I can stop freaking out so much about money, but otherwise things are going fine. I had a hell of a time finding the villa, since the map wasn't very clear about the metro exits and all I had to go on at the time (being without a printer) were some jotted notes, so I ended up overshooting the place and making a couple circles. Good thing I wasn't in any hurry, but it would've been a nicer walk without all of my luggage having to be hauled along. The wheelbase is beginning to give way – I suppose it's about time, considering all the punishment I've put it through over the years, but I'd hoped it would last somewhat longer. In any case, I'm afraid I'm not feeling terribly interesting, so I'll close here.
No comments:
Post a Comment